Wednesday, October 21, 2009

End of an Era

The day I hoped would never come has arrived. The man - the legend - master carpenter Norm Abram is retiring from the New Yankee Workshop. Turns out it actually takes Norm much longer than 30 minutes to build each of his museum-quality projects each week. All of that work has finally gotten to him.

Norm will use his extra time to work on his home and personal projects. But don't worry, we'll still get to see him on episodes of This Old House.

I'm still searching for the photo of when I met the cardboard Norm at a Portland trade show I attended. I'll post that here if I can find it.

UPDATE - Found the pic. I only asked him one question and then like, a week later, he finally shut up.




Want to chime in? Leave a comment to further the discussion.

1 comment:

Sierra said...

Love that guy! Not that I ever tried any of his projects or tips. Who do I know that has every woodworking tool known to modern or ancient man, in a spacious worktable filled space that I could go work on projects with? Nobody, that's who.

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping